Monday, April 30, 2007

Happiness Costs a Quarter

Yesterday I realized the exact price of happiness. I know that it has been said that you can't buy happiness, but those who say that are clearly wrong...

Ryan, Julianna, and I were up at Grammy and Poppy's house visiting with Nana (Great Grandma) and Great Grandpa who are making their trek to New Mexico. We were standing around outside (we had the most glorious weather)and Poppy was holding Julianna. I starting flipping a quarter way up in the air and catching it. We started to notice that every time I flipped the quarter Julianna would laugh. Not just giggle. I mean, full out belly laugh. And she didn't sound like a baby laughing. I swear she sounded like a five year old. I must have flipped that quarter 25-30 times and each time was funnier than the last. We were amazed at how consistently funny my trick remained. I just can't imagine being happier than I felt watching my little girl laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh. Later last night when we were home I said to Ryan "It is hard to believe that something so small could make you so happy. It just goes to show you that you can't buy happiness." Ryan said "Well you can, but it only costs a quarter."

Here are a few pics from this weekend:

Julianna and Nana


Julianna and Great Grandpa


Julianna on the boat






As her Aunt Justy and Uncle Joey would say, Julianna is wearing her "'phant 'phant" bathing suit.

No comments: