Monday, May 14, 2007

First Mother's Day

Yesterday was my very first Mother's Day - well, as a mother. I just felt so lucky all day long. I have so much to be thankful for on this day. The most incredible, happy, healthy child AND the world's best mother (I have a pretty great mother-in-law also). One of my friends told me before Julianna was born, that one of the things that really struck her when she gave birth to her first child was that she finally realized the depth of her mother's love for her. She said she thought "I can't believe my mother loves me this much". And now I know that it is true. When you have a child you not only experience what I am convinced is the truest of all loves, but you gain a new perspective on (and appreciation for) your own mother. And I too am saying "I can't believe my mom loves me this much".

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I got a new camera which I am still trying to figure out. I'm not sure that I have it down quite yet. The pics are still a little grainier than they should be, so I have to do a bit more reading on focusing. My camera also takes videos, so hopefully I will soon be able to put links on the blog so that you can see them. Anyway here a few pics from the week:


My first Mother's Day!!!











No comments: