Saturday, November 24, 2007

Truly Thankful

To say that Ryan and I were thankful to spend our first Thanksgiving as a family rather than a couple would be a gross understatement. This has been the best year of our lives and we are beyond grateful for the amazing little girl that is our daughter. How lucky we are to be her parents. Everyday as she learns something new, we too are learning. With every kiss and squeeze our hearts are growing. Never has there been a Thanksgiving when I have been more aware of my blessings.

In addition to my incredibly sweet, funny, and adorable daughter I am thankful for so very much. I am thankful for my husband. Every day he strives to be the best husband and father. He is so funny and honest and beautiful. He works so very hard and never complains. Julianna and I are so lucky.

Ryan and I are so very thankful for our parents. We are filled with gratitude for all that they have done for us over the past year (and of couse, our entire lives). It is because of them that I have been able to stay home with our daughter this year. Never have I done anything more fulfilling. Never has a job felt more important. I know that I will soon have to return to work and quite honestly, I know that it will completely break my heart. But my sorrow in having to leave my little girl does not diminish the gratitude that I have for every single day that I was able to be with her this past year.

We are so thankful for our families. Ryan and I both have so many fantastic, fun, kind, interesting, and talented grandparents, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We are so grateful.

I am thankful for my warm house, my incredible friends, my dogs, mild NC winters (I hope I'm not jinxing anything), a car that runs (again, I hope I'm not provoking the jinx gods) and the list goes on and on. Truly "my cup runneth over".

XOXOXOXOX



Grammy in her apron taking a break from cooking to play with Julianna.








Julianna eating her very first Thanksgiving dinner! She loved the turkey and mashed potatoes and noodles, but most of all she loved the Pumpkin Pie!!!


"I finished my dinner and I am ready for my pie please!"


My little family's first Thanksgiving!











1 comment:

Guatemama said...

I just love love love these pictures and your whole post! It looks like you had a great day. We did go home for Thanksgiving but didn't make it to Grandpa's until Sunday so we missed Terri, Bree and Kara. :( We went to Moms 2 days and Dad's/Grandpa's 2 days. I will try to get some pictures on the blog soon. Take care
Tracy