Monday, March 17, 2008

Trip to Mt. Vernon

Last Tuesday afternoon, my mom, Julianna, and I packed up her little Volkswagen bug and started on our way to visit my Grandpa in Mt. Vernon, Ohio for his 93rd birthday. We broke the 9 hour trip up thinking that Julianna would sleep a good portion of it if we left in the evening. She did NOT. She stayed awake until 5 minutes before we stopped for the night at 11pm. We had less than 3 hours left of the trip on Wednesday though, and that was nice. We had nice time and it was good to see my Grandpa (a VERY young 93!), my aunts and uncle. Julianna was a little off her game as her regular feeding and sleep schedules had pretty much been thrown out the window. She was still very cute and very sweet for the most part. She did have a couple of meltdowns though, which is really unlike her. I was also pretty much in pain with a TERRIBLE toothache the whole trip. The pain started as we went up the mountains in West Virginia (the tooth had already been sensitive, but not painful), and the dentist seemed to think that the change in altitude could have caused the pain explosion that I was never able to get under control there after. I was barely maintaining sanity for the first couple of days and then on Thursday morning I thought if I didn't see a dentist I was going to loose my mind. I went to a dentist there and he did the first part of a root canal (which I will have to have finished here on Wednesday). It did help considerably, but I was still pretty uncomfortable. I wish that I had felt better and could have enjoyed the trip a bit more. I also only got my camera out once, which is COMPLETELY unlike me. I got a couple shots, but now I am disappointed that I didn't get more. Anyway, here are a couple of pics from the trip and a couple of cute ones that I took yesterday.


Grandpa, Julianna, and I




A rare sucker treat


Grammy sure is fun!









1 comment:

Guatemama said...

Oh how horrible! I am so sorry that you were in so much pain during your trip. :( I am sorry that we missed you too. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for posting pictures.
Tracy