Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas and New Year's Resolutions

Our second Holiday Season as a family was even more wonderful than the first! I was SOOOO tired on the first one that if it weren't for the pictures, I'm not sure I would remember it at all!

I have been trying to think about what I could write to express the joy that I feel this holiday season. Once again, I know how lucky I am to have such an amazing husband, kid, parents, in-laws, family and friends. In a million ways this year has been harder than I thought it would be, but in a billion ways it has been so much more incredibly wonderful than I ever could have imagined. That being said, I am completely guilty of getting caught up in my daily life and sometimes I take for granted how truly blessed I am. The holidays are always sort of a reflective time when I seem to put on an especially pink pair of rosy glasses. I just wish that I could keep these glasses on all year long and not let little things keep me from seeing how truly amazing my life is. I know that it is so cliche, but I really want to try not to sweat the small stuff this year. I want to be completely present when playing with my daughter. When I am reading to her I don't want to be thinking about the dishes in the sink. This year has gone by too fast and I truly know what people mean when they say life is short (There were a few years in the not so distant past that really seemed to drag on - so this sentiment didn't really strike a cord). The time you have with your kids is too darn brief. And you don't get to do a single day over again. As they say, "Life is not a dress rehearsal". Sometimes you flub a line but the show must go on! It is midnight and I'm not sure that this will even make any sense tomorrow. But right now it seems right and true.

Christmas day itself was magical. Though Julianna really had no clue about what was going on, she was delighted with all of the presents. She really has played with everything. We woke up here and opened presents and then went up to Grammy and Poppy's for the day. I think that it is the first time that myself and all of my siblings and our families have been in the same place at the same time since the day I gave birth. We had a great time and once again J was a real trooper. Just a real sweetie all day long - even with a VERY abbreviated morning nap and NO afternoon nap at all! Oh, and she has started to dance. It is so darn cute. She just bops up and down really fast to music. I will have to upload a video of it soon. Here are some pictures from the day.


When we walked into the room she couldn't take her eyes off this "key key", and when I put her down she went straight for it.




She LOVES Dora and her Backpack.


More lovin' on her "key key".


This shopping cart is too cute!






She is looking at a Swiper the Fox ornament. Swiper is the villain on Dora. She LOVES him and doesn't have any idea he is the "bad guy".


Beautiful Girl!






This little kitty is a present from Grandmama and Granddaddy. It is too cute. It meows and purrs and even kneads you with its little paws. She LOVES it.



Showing off in my "fur" coat.

No comments: