Saturday, April 19, 2008

Julianna the Menace

We were stuck inside this evening due to the rain (though it was pretty nice and we were able to play outside some this morning) for the first time in a while. I wouldn't (by any stretch of the imagination) call myself an outdoorsy type, but it is no fun being stuck in my little house with a one year old whose mission seems to be "seek and destroy"!! Ryan and I often shut all the doors down the hall except the one to J's room and then we are able to sit at the table and she can wander between us and her room. Well I guess that our bedroom door wasn't completely latched and she went in there and pulled all of my newly folded, but not yet put away clothes out of the laundry basket and threw them ALL over. I went looking for her when things were, as you moms know, "too quiet". She looked SO proud, but I wasn't able to stop myself from saying "OH NO!" Well her little face just fell and her bottom lip started trembling. I felt awful. Ryan heard my "oh no" and Julianna crying and rushed back to the room. He then promptly put all my clothes back in the basket and ENCOURAGED Julianna to throw them out again while clapping for her! Not exactly the lesson I wanted to teach her today, but I couldn't blame him. We just can't stand to see her sad! By the way, throwing my clothes out of the basket is preferable to pouring the glass of water from my nightstand on the newly washed and folded laundry of last week! The moral of the story - QUIT PROCRASTINATING AND PUT YOUR DARN LAUNDRY AWAY!!! Hee. Wow, that story took a lot longer to tell than I anticipated! Your reward for staying with me - a couple of pics from today:





1 comment:

Guatemama said...

Hi,
Oh I have done something like that more times than I can count. Don't you hate that when you say something and wish you could take it back right away. Don't worry about it. I am sure she has forgotten it. Cute pictures!!!